If you are performing at The Magic Room Gallery please help us to help you promote your show.
The promotional sequence goes like this, in this order:
1) You send us all your info, complete
2) We post the event to this website
3) We post a Facebook event on our page and invite everyone on our 4,000+ member network
To get started, please provide the following information to us as soon as possible:
- A POSTER for your event. Posters should ideally be 1000 pixels WIDE by 480 pixels TALL at 72 dpi in order to display properly on the site. Graphic design services are available for an additional charge. Please email our webmaster for details.
The poster should clearly state the names of all of the groups performing at your event, the date and time, the price, the door policy (21+).
- Relevant LINKS to webpages for all of the groups performing at your show. A single link to your most preferred webpage, whether it's your own domain or on ReverbNation, BandCamp, MySpace or Facebook is generally sufficient.
- A brief TEXT BLURB, promoting the event. This can be several paragraphs long, but please avoid being excessive.
We no longer use Brown Paper Tickets. Online sales are now being handled through this website, via Paypal.
Finally, while you could send us this information piecemeal, it makes life much easier for everybody if you can get all of your information together before submitting it to us.
We know it can be a challenge coordinating information amongst disparate groups and bands, but we encourage you to pick a ringleader, have that person collect all the info and send it to us in an organized fashion.
Once we have all the information from you and post it here, we will also make a Facebook event for your show on our Facebook page and send out invites to our network of over 4,000 fans. Given that the room has a capacity of 100 people, the law of averages being what it is, this usually goes some way towards helping your show to sell out.
Before we go any further, please READ THIS ARTICLE regarding the best ways to handle Facebook Events. Go ahead, we'll wait...
....................... Really, it's fine.....
OK, got it? So - ideally there will only be one Facebook event page for the event. Once you have updated your status on our Facebook event page to indicate that you're attending the show, you can invite your own network of people to the event. If you still want to make your own Facebook event page, be sure to include a link to our event page as well.
Featuring your show here and inviting our network of friends from our Facebook page, in addition to you leveraging your own network, is often sufficient to draw a good crowd. Many of our shows sell out in advance. That said, it's ultimately up to you to make sure the show is well promoted.
Send all of your information via e-mail to our webmaster. You can also use this email address for any further questions you might have regarding this website and Facebook events. Questions about the venue and other matters related to your show should be sent to email@example.com.
Thanks for your help and understanding of our requirements. It's all in the service of trying to make a successful event for all concerned!