Thank you for your interest in performing at the Magic Room Gallery.
The Magic Room Gallery is an intimate yet dazzling space that will hold approximately 85 people seated, 100 standing. We are not a venue/nightclub/bar. We are a private performance, screening and art space - run by artists, for artists. We have developed a reputation as one of the premiere venues for all kinds of music, including prog, electronica and trance, rock 'n' roll, country and bluegrass, jazz, funk, ambient and experimental.
Many top artists have graced our stage including Don Preston and Bunk Gardner from Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention; David Thomas from Pere Ubu; Gary Lucas from Captain Beefheart and Jeff Buckley; Greg Hawkes from The Cars and David Kilminster from Roger Waters's touring band for THE WALL.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
It means we do NOT actually book bands or films or dancers or artists OURSELVES.
YOU book and promote your event at our venue.
YOU charge what you want for admission and keep it all.
YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE:
- Your own door person to check ID's (WE ARE A 21+ VENUE) and collect your money.
- Your own admission wristband/bracelets (available here or here).
We have a one time ADVANCE rental fee, non-refundable or movable, of $350, which covers:
- The use of the space.
- PA /sound system, lights, & projectors,
- Private green room with refrigerator,
- House sound man for 6 hrs.
- Seating set up and break down, clean up and trash removal.
ONCE CONFIRMED, PLEASE FORWARD $350
TO OUR PAYPAL ADDRESS: BENTMEN@COMCAST.NET
or mail a check, made out to:
Sound Museum Music
155 North Beacon St
Brighton, MA 02135
ALL BANDS - PLEASE ADVANCE YOUR SHOW
by forwarding your stage plot to our sound staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our usual time line is:
Load in at 6pm,
Doors at 8:00 pm,
Last band off stage by 12:30 am
Closing at 1:00 am.
FYI - The last bus to Allston and onto Central Square leaves across the street at 12:39 AM.
- If you do not have a door person, we can provide one for $50 as long as we have a week's notice.
- We will provide a merch table, but you must provide your own merch staff.
- When able, we will provide a cash beer/wine/water/soda bar for your guests.
- For most musical events, there is a 3 band/act maximum allowance per event.
For more info or to book an event, please call Katherine Desmond at (617) 823-4403.